Treating differences with dignity


 I have been working as a social worker and supervisor in numerous community-based services for more than17 years. I have helped many immigrants from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and have served hundreds of individuals through this world. My own lived experiences as a former refugee has given me insight into the challenges faced by historically disadvantaged communities and moves her to better serve marginalized people. I strives to be an agent of change. In my work capacity, one of my primary duties has been to educate immigrants and help them navigate the various challenges they face as they try to integrate into an entirely new country. I serve elderly immigrates by providing them with mental health and community resources  I provide these services with respect and compassion and prioritizes the dignity and worth of every individual. I am a culturally humble provider with deep sensitivity to linguistic and cultural differences.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Culturally Humble Strength –based perspective

Inclusive Education: The Case for Equity in Systemic Reform